Tools of the Trade
** NOTICE ** WEATHER EVENT ** POSTPONED TO MAR 5 **
Earn 1.5 PDUs For Participating In This Educational Series
Tools of the Trade Session Leader: Ken Roche
Topic: Introduction for potential attendees - Topics in MS Project
Who is this for? Project managers who have some preliminary experience in MSP, and can set up a basic project schedule and use it to convey basic information to team and stakeholders.
Goal is to have you take away at least a few techniques that can assist you in using Project, and give you food for thought for future learning opportunities and improve your comfort level.
Disclaimer: this session addresses selected topics and is not meant to provide an in-depth training for MS project. Those that have some experience with Project will gain the most out of this
· Ken is a certified project management professional, (PMP) with extensive experience managing projects, leading diverse combinations of functional and technical project resources virtually, on site, and off shore, for domestic and international clients.
· He has Managed full SDLC lifecycle, including converting high level deliverables into business requirements through scope/WBS development, design, development, testing and product delivery.
· Ken has over 24 years' experience in project management in manufacturing, engineering, and information technology, and has been using Microsoft Project for over 20 years.
· Ken Graduated from the Watson school of Engineering at SUNY, in Binghamton, New York with a bachelor's degree in Industrial engineering technology.
· He has held leadership positions in engineering, marketing, and technology consulting with Universal instruments, General electric, Deloitte consulting, among others.
· Please see LinkedIn link:
· Building a project so it can be maintained easily
· Setting up and modifying a view
· Using, and modifying tables - workflow
· Updating the schedule plan
· Concept of Task types
· Task types: Work Vs duration which one to use?
· Using Critical Path in MS Project
- 5:45 PM - Networking, Introduction of Speaker and Sponsor
- 6:00 PM - Program
- 7:15 PM - Discussion, Questions
- 7:30 PM - Adjourn
Where: CCT Business Training Center
33 Villa Rd, Suite 100, Greenville, SC 29615,
For Directions: http://cctbusiness.com
Participant PDUs = 1.5 for session
Earn 1.5 PDUs for session + PDUs for time to develop presentation